Saturday, February 13, 2010

Things I Heart

Can't stop thinkin' about tomorrow...and who and what I love.   



The beginnings of my list:







the smell of new books

red roses

warm sun on my back

little boys

little girls

funny people

little kids speaking Spanish

a good haircut

a warm shower

a comfortable bed

road trips

a clean car

my family

folded towels

shiny windows

the scent of carnations

bean and cheese burritos

clean sheets

ironed pillow cases

emails

blog comments

typing

the smell of leather

mint fields

a pine-scented forest after rain

dusk

sunrise

starry skies

kindness

thunder storms

grandkids

summer

falling snow

restful sleep

a good challenge

the smell of fresh-cut grass

my job

good neighbors

NPR

50's music

dark cherry chocolates

fancy restaurants you can wear jeans in

humor

new shoes

creativity developed and shared

homemade noodles

Italy

people's individualism

a good novel

warm feet

chewing gum

 Excedrin

learning new stuff

cute umbrellas

forgiveness

Mom

waking up at 6 a.m. to breathing in my face and "Gwamma, are you awake?"

fresh herbs and the smell of thyme

driving across the Blue Mountains

the ocean

train rides

getting off the airplane

pretty driver license pictures (never had one)

Costco

the end of a workout session

babies' smells and soft skin

clean teeth

cousins' dinners

family reunions

the end of a workout

bruschetta

watermelon

rosemary topiaries

fresh tomatoes

designer fabrics

a good cry

chips and salsa

hearty back scratches

13 comments:

Natalie said...

Ditto to so many of the same things and I would add for myself, lunch at The Olive Garden.

Lola said...

definitely agree on the back scratch. i would take a good back scratch as a gift on any holiday.

happy V day!

Sherry Carpet said...

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! i am SO TOTALLY in agreement with every one of those. with the caviat that i don't have to iron the pillowcases myself. actually, maybe that wouldn't be so bad. as long as i'm listening to michael jackson as i do it.

wv: "pabloph," as in, your list makes me salivate like a dog.

Sherry Carpet said...

and HAPPY BALENTIMES TO YOU!

Nicea said...

Natalie - Yes! Lunch at the Olive Garden.

Lola - A little higher. To the left. Ahhhh. Now to the right...

Sherry - Pillow cases are pretty easy unless you forget to take them out of the dryer until you're ready for bed like I do. When I'm ready for bed, I don't like ANYTHING gettin' in my way.

Shawn said...

Great list! I would say that I agree with about 98% of those. Maybe 99%.

Shawn said...

Did you forget one? DQ blizzard?!

You're slippin'.

Meg said...

I love a lot of these as well, but mmmmmm, nothing beats the smell of a new book :)

Nicea said...

Shawn - How could I forget? Would you believe that falling snow is code for blizzard? Nah, I didn't think so.

Nicea said...

Meg: Do you ever open the books in a bookstore and sniff 'em? I consider it a large part of the decision process. Ha! But, in truth, children's books are among the best.

Jamie said...

That list is fabuloso. I love all those things too, except grandkids... and I don't think Kevin has ever breathed on my face and said, "Gwamma are you awake?" But that would be pretty funny.

Bean and cheese burritos and blizzards... MMMMM.

abbyjane said...

obligation fulfilled. :P

Sherry Carpet said...

there's a tease here. my blog says you've updated, but i don't see the new post. did you sneak one in somewhere, Sneady McSneakerson?