Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

It's no secret that I use my blog as an excuse to avoid doing less pleasant tasks. Like writing an inquiry unit for a class I'm taking. It doesn't matter that I just can't think of how to teach prefixes and suffixes using the inquiry method when the sun is shining on a perfectly good day off.

un + enthusiastic = "I don't want it!" (Annie, age 3)
power + less = you can't make me

So, I practice avoidance behavior. Whenever I can. And here's proof:

#1. I didn't blog all summer.

But who would want to blog to avoid these guys?


Certainly not I.

#2. I rest my case.

And now I believe I'll go outside and smell the grass.

11 comments:

Sherry Carpet said...

I KNOW!!!!!!!

i don't want to clean my kitchen or my bathrooms or any other rooms i don't want to clean my kitchen or my bathrooms or any other rooms i don't want to clean my kitchen or my bathrooms or any other rooms i don't want to clean my kitchen or my bathrooms or any other rooms i don't want to clean my kitchen or my bathrooms or any other rooms

+ you are funny!

Jana Brookes said...

SO TRUE, both of you!!

Nicea said...

Sherry: I hope you didn't clean your kitchen or your bathrooms or any other rooms.

Jana: And the same to you!

annie said...

me too me too! i'm procrastinating too!

annie said...

still procrastinating.

Jana Brookes said...

don't worry, i didn't. but james says we might today....booooo :(

abbyjane said...

smell the grass, mom? the grass? the neighbors smokin again?

Nicea said...

Yeah. On both sides: Janice and Doug and Terry and Doug. Who'd a thought?

annie said...

i think maybe i'd want to avoid that yak thingy behind max. scawy.

Nicea said...

Yeah, Annie, I agree. No wonder he's got his eyes closed!

Shawn said...

'Bout time you posted pics of the grandbabies. And blogged. And avoided unpleasant behaviors (which I know you rarely do).