Monday, January 10, 2011

Why I Love Teaching - #1

7th Grade Girl (walking into class):  I'm having a really bad day!
Me:  Already?  It's only the beginning of first period!
Girl:  I know, but I am.
Me:  Why?  What happened?
Girl:  I'm wearing too much perfume.
Me:  Did someone tell you that?
Girl:  No, but I can smell it.
Me:  Well, I can't smell it so it must not be THAT bad!
Girl:  And I've got on too much lip gloss.
Me:  I think it looks pretty.  Besides, you need to put lip gloss on all day long just to keep your lips from cracking in this cold, dry weather.
Girl (pulling lip gloss out of pocket to show me):  I wear a lot of it because it smells so good.  Cinnamon.
Me:  Oooo!  I'd wear a lot of that, too, just for the yummy smell!
Girl:  Plus, I have gas.

4 comments:

Meg said...

HAHAHAHA! Love it :)

Jamie said...

I guess we know why she was wearing too much perfume now. Awesome conversation!

Shawn said...

You must be a really good teacher because WHO TELLS THEIR TEACHER THAT?! THAT'S FUNNY!

annie said...

AWESOME.