Monday, December 15, 2008

In the spirit of full disclosure,

I have to tell you that I'm a sucker for a cowboy. There are no ugly ones, you know.

The reason for this is The Hat. If you think about it, The Hat sits just over the eyebrow covering up most hairstyling indiscretions like comb-overs and mullets.

And it shades any other unfortunate details. Like say... the face, for example.

The Hat's shadow shrouds the cowboy in mystery and...well...any girl's imagination can just run around loose after that.

Mmmm. Duh-licious.*

I offer this photo because if you weren't there, you need to know that I'm pretty sure Kevin and Jamie's big day coincided with Tim McGraw's wedding. I'm pretty sure because I heard he took the missionary lessons.

Don't tell anyone about that last part because I don't think it's public knowledge yet, and I would feel really horrible if I were the one who leaked it out. Also, I'm really good with a secret and I don't want to ruin my reputation.

(But you know it's gotta be true because it's common knowledge that all the U.S. presidents have accepted the gospel in the spirit world. And Winston Churchill and Elvis. Oh, and I think Homer Simpson. To name a few.)

Anyway, the McGraw party tried to keep their shindig on the down low (cowboys are modest like that) but my keen eye spotted a black, dress-up-go-to-meetin' cowboy hat on THE ruggedest, best-looking wrangler this side of the Mississippi Tooele...and then another... and another... and another, until it was pretty obvious that something big was coming down.

Did I mention that cowboys clean up real good?

I cannot be held responsible for what happened next. Actually, any self-respecting member of the paparazzi wedding would've done the exact same thing. I walked right up and snapped me a picture. The result is my contribution to the Jamie/Kevin nuptials. Yippee ki, yi, yo.

My sincere apologies to Kevin and Jamie who do NOT like country music. But cowboys...Oh, they're a horse of a different color.

*Phrase attributed to the 2-yr.-old Amanda G. in the cold cereal aisle at the grocery story.



13 comments:

annie said...

i heart you mom.

Sherry Carpet said...

i couldn't agree more. love those cowboys. i met some real ones ONCE in college when i got to help brand cattle at a ranch in wyoming. it was awesome. they wore real chaps. they ate rocky mountain oysters. that last part is gross, but still. the love.

Nicea said...

Annie: Heart you, too. Can't wait for you to be here.

Sherry: I hear you about the oysters and ...yeah, the love. And the chaps.

Shawn said...

I WON, I WON, I WON!!! I didn't get my mail until today and I also won ten big ones in the first ever NiceA giveaway. I had to post it on this latest post too because I was so late getting my mail and I wanted everyone to know. Thanks, Neesh! I spent it on lunch today when I was shopping with a friend. And I actually bought presents for other people today too.

Very funny post and I loved the cowboy wedding too--glad you got a picture. I knew you would enjoy having your own blog.

Amanda Moore said...

I sure do love them cowboy dirt kickin, heel clickin men. More importantly, I love cereal.

Lola said...

mmmmmm...cowboys....

Jamie said...

My favorite happens to be Jim from The Man From Snowy River... parts one and two.

A man that can handle a whip like that while galloping on a horse... mmm.

Nicea said...

Yessiree, Jaime. Gotta watch that movie again. Soon.

annie said...

lets watch it over christmas! and eat cereal.

Amanda Moore said...

Or how about 8 Seconds? True story you know. Or my personal fav, Woody from Toy Story, There's a snake in my boots! I'm thinkin cookie crisp Ann..

Meg said...

I use to have a poster on my wall when I was younger of the Dallas Cowboys quarterback in a dust jacket and cowboy hat. Love.
And I am lovin all the cowboy love here, cracks me up, like we are all swooning over our favorite rock star! Ladies, I had no idea!

Nicea said...

Oh, Megara. The best kept secrets are the best.

Simply_Pam said...

just surfing and ran across you blog.. funny stuff... and about the cowboys... there "ain't no bad looking man when he's wearing his cowboy hat..I think that I can justly report this as I lived in Texas all my life. Merry Ho Ho Ho.. actually I am oh oh oh -ing right now.. time to put Christmas way till next year.....