Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's Still Snowing!

Something else I might have done if my husband weren't home last night is hop in my little all-wheel drive vehicle at about 9 p.m. and go for a short spin all by myself around our quadrant of the city, just to watch the snow fall. And hear the silence of it.

I like the sound the tires make on unplowed roads. How light out it is. And muffled. I like that the few cars around have slowed to a crawl. That someone is shoveling a driveway at nearly every other house on nearly every other street, even as more snow comes and covers them all over again. I like that visibility is only about 1 block. And that a small group of folks are knee-deep walking around the corner.

Just to be daring, before I turned in for the night, I might coax the gas pedal to rev me up to a modest speed at which I might suddenly hit the brakes. I might fishtail! Or do a 360!

Nothing might happen.

But it could have.
Maybe 5 mph is too conservative a speed for thrills.
Have YOU ever done anything this wreckless?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

annie said...

gorge!

i wanna come home!

Shawn said...

Cool pic and what a daredevil you are!