Thursday, January 7, 2010

Forgot I Did This Post Last Week


I was looking through some photos from last winter. From 360 days ago, to be exact. Just shy of a whole year.

January 4, 2009 looks eerily the same as today*.

Pretty. But has anything changed?

I hope so.
I hope I'm a little smarter about some stuff.
I hope I'm a little wiser.
I hope I know how to love a little better, am a little more forgiving and a lot less judgmental.

I know I weigh 27 pounds less. Okay, 19. I put 8 back on since last June.
Backslider.

But the Oreos are all gone as is Ceri's fudge that Grandma sent. We all know the only way to dispose of that stuff is to eat it and I was dutiful. And now I'm a little less tempted.

BRING IT ON, 2010!
*Post actually written December 31, 2009.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Meg said...

We still have fudge :) I don't know that Brian is going to make it through it all.

Jana Brookes said...

wish i could say i only put on 8 LBEEES since last june!

Natalie said...

This year got better last year at the Olive Garden - where I am happy to put on pounds any day of the week! Happy New Year to YOU!

Nicea said...

Megara: Tell Brian not to be a wimp. Or, was that you offering to help him get through it all? I say, Just Do It!

Jana: You have a better excuse than I do.

Natalie: Happy New Year to you too! It's time for more Olive Garden pounds. Yes?

Natalie said...

Oh yes!

Shawn said...

I'm sure glad to hear you still have your sense of duty. Just remember that every time I come you have a DQ duty to your sister.

I liked your post. You are getting more wise and wonderful all the time.

Nicea said...

Shawn - Do I have to wait for you to get here to have my blizzard? And I'm not talkin' snow.

Shawn said...

No, you don't have to wait for me to get there but you can't be sick of them by the time I do.

DO YOU HEAR ME????