Saturday, April 4, 2009

Guess I'll Blog

It's a conditioned reflex at this point. Pavlov's dogs. The washing machine is re-washing for the third time a load I put in there a few days ago and kept forgetting about. Now I hear the spin cycle and am mysteriously led by my senses to my desk chair.

Which sits in front of my computer.

Which allows me access to the outside world. And a look at your blogs. Since no one in the world has posted or commented in the last few hours, I see that it falls to me to be obliging once again.

Okay. I'm ready. Okay.

My fingers are poised at the keyboard.

They're raring to go.

The washing machine is into the rinse cycle.

It's a race to the finish.

Ready. Set.

Type!

Come on, thoughts. Come to Mommy.

Here goes:



I really have nothing to say.

Except that I'm reading a good book right now called Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortensen that I bought at the University of Notre Dame bookstore.

"Read me. Read me now," it calls.

Its voice is louder than the washing machine's.

Goodbye forever.

Neesh

7 comments:

Shawn said...

Didn't I tell you to read that book? Yes, I think I did. Oh, and we are definitely sisters cuz I had to rewash a load this week too because I forgot about it.

Nicea said...

Shawnika - I thought when I saw it that I'd heard about it from somewhere.

You must be Somewhere.

Nicea said...

P.S. to Shawnie - I heard once that we were sisters.

Jamie said...

I love you.

annie said...

and i think i must be your daughter cause i've had to rewash loads several times because i forget about them. also i forget who tells me to read books.

Meg said...

I rewash all the time, at least once a week! Glad to know I am not alone!

Nicea said...

We are SO all in this together.