Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Think Hell Just Froze Over

No, it isn't hell after all. Just Orem under six inches of snow. (The weather guys are calling it three inches, but what do they know?)

It really IS beautiful, and I'm the first to say so. But who'da thought we'd wake up to this on April 16?

In truth, I wouldn't have it any other way if I were staying inside all day. But I just can't contain myself! Today's the day I'm driving to St. George to pick up these guys:


They flew in from Buffalo to escape the snow.

And they brought their mom.

She doesn't get out much.

We took her to NYC for her birthday last October. I think the birthday dinner and all the excitement were just too much.

She must have been at the dance studio the day our family covered the chapter on Table Manners in the Big City.

9 comments:

Jeff said...

snow? psh, whatever. it's 60 degrees!!!

Jana Brookes said...

Have fun!! Make sure you get Abby out on the town a little!! She looks like she needs a break! :)

Jana Brookes said...

AND, WHAT is with this SNOW??! Crazy, huh?

Princess Consuela and Banana Hammock said...

I blame the snow for my measley 7.5 lbs of weight loss. I can do that since I live further north than you. PS... I do get to stay home today, not to rub it in or anything.

W.V. Palitic - a member of the new conservative movement headed up by Sarah Palin.

Shawn said...

Lucky grandma. Who cares if there's snow if you get those little ones. Quit yer bellyachin' or you might end up in that frozen over place. I have to FAKE my grandkids. One of my friends calls them my "placebo" grandkids.

Shawn said...

P.S. Is Perry stoned? And did Jeff hit Abby?

annie said...

mom, you are hi-LARious. auntie, too.

Nicea said...

Shawnie: No, Perry isn't stoned, she's Photoshopped. What?! Are you criticizing my photo editing? (She was actually at a P.F. Chang's near Rochester and fixated on the food plate we just moved out of her reach.)

Also, I should have mentioned that Abby was eating her dessert when this picture was taken. Hence, the poor table manners reference. Can't you tell that's chocolate on her mouth? Geez. And here I thought you were the consummate chocolate guru. (Guess I shouldn't have cropped out the ice cream Sundae with chocolate sauce all over it. Again, blame it on Photoshop.)

Annie: I'm glad SOMEONE laughs at my stuff rather than at me. :) (Oh, wait. You never said you laughed. Well, I'll just pretend that you did and no one needs be the wiser.)

Sherry Carpet said...

awe some